Saturday, April 14, 2007

The 10 Most Played Songs on my iTunes

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Music
Genre: Miscellaneous
Artist:Miscellaneous
10. Talking in Your Sleep - The Romantics
The Eighties is, and will always be, one of my favorite decades. As the title implies, it's

a play on sleep-talking, and how secrets are revealed in the process. There's an "oooh!"

factor to the song, but I like its beat more than its meat.

9. Going for Adds - Moving Units
I don't know if you daydream while you walk, but I do--especially if I have earphones

plugged in my ears, hands in jacket pockets. I pretend that I'm a movie starring myself and

I'm looking cool and stuff. If that movie had a soundtrack, this would be playing in the

background during the walk sequence. Haha. Wala lang.

8. Orange-colored Sky - Natalie Cole
I'm not a nut for love songs, but this one fits nicely. I like how the love story is told,

complete with onomatopaeics. Ms. Cole sings like her life is good, how "you" (the Beloved)

suddenly walks by, and life is all better. Sigh.

7. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Straight Edge - Head Automatica
It's a Friday night, and Sad Party Boy whines that he's got no one to dance with. He

describes each girl who goes his way, and seemingly no one fits his standards. SPB is, in

himself, a boring guy--needing to rely on his drink to give him that buzz. Alas, he fails.

It's another one of my feeling-cool-while-walking songs.

6. Inside & Out - The Bee Gees
Camp + Disco + Kilig = <3. Suddenly I want to layer my hair, Charlie's Angels-style. And

seriously! This guy is a martyr. "I ain't no vision, I'm a man who loves you." That line

killed me.

5. Para Sa Akin - Sitti Navarro
I'm beginning to comtradict myself with the love song bit. Sitti is so lambing-sounding,

it's crazy. Again, it's kilig all over again. I get all wistful and mushy every time I hear

this. See? I can't even be coherent.

4. Creeps Me Out - Ima Robot
We all hear songs about the Martyr risking sanity for the Beloved (a good example of this

would be No Doubt's "Bathwater"). This is a different case--it's the Beloved's POV, and just

how annoyingly callous and jerky he is. It's Eighties-ish, but faster. Again, I prefer the

beat more than the meat.

3. Beating Heart Baby - Head Automatica
It's yet another "What is this Feeling?" song. The Protagonist can't believe he's in

loooove. Pretty fast and fun.

2. In the Hall of the Mountain King - composed by Edvard Grieg
I like classical music, I really do, and this is my favoritest song in the bunch. If

mischief, trouble, and naughtiness would turn into music, this is what I'd hear. The climax

of the song is when everything suddenly goes so loud and crazy. I remember having Iñigo my

nephew listen to it and him telling me that it was played on the Disney Channel once. Astig.

1. Himitsu for DJ - Tokyo Jihen
It's Japanese jazzy-poppy-hip-hop. It is so cool. It has been played so many times on both

music device and computer. It is SO COOL. I'm a gushy fangirl. IT IS SO COOL.

2 comments:

Jam Regis said...

wow mehn. ala akong alam dito ah. i need an education!

princess karess ♥ said...

karamihan kasi indie eh, he he he :D

i'm uploading them as soon as i have the time :D