Saturday, January 3, 2009

there is no one like you.

i wake up too early for my preferred time. you greet me a good morning and i go back to sleep. the alarm rings. i attempt to wake up. my mind is not functioning for ten minutes. i hear you speak. i try really hard to listen. i bug you over and over again to explain because it didn't make sense the first time. you don't flinch or roll your eyes at me or grow impatient. you let things sink in.

and then we have breakfast and i ask you things, things that had been part of my thought process for days. as with your characteristic patience you explain them to me carefully. you never grow sick of my ten million questions.

i take a shower, dress up, and go to work. the routine is much more pleasant talking to you. you always listen no matter how mundane my story is.

and on the way to work, you let me know that you remember me. you reminded me of what we talked about when i woke up. it was so typical, so characteristic of you. you got me all kilig. yes you did.

and throughout the day you've let me know, that you're there, you're here. and i'm looking forward to talking to you again tonight, telling you all about my day, marveling in the fact that it was just darned amazing because of you. even if it seemed mundane, even if it was just another typical day.

thank you for never forgetting.

i love you!