Friday, January 16, 2009

faster, faster! bang bang bang!!!

so, today is the eighth day of our church's seven-day prayer and fasting... NOT!!!! hahahaha! our church has an annual seven-day prayer and fasting usually conducted at the beginning of the year. it's a way to start the year right and to put things in perspective. twas my second time to participate and it was yet again super awesome!

i steered clear from the internet which was why i wasn't able to post or comment on your posts, but evidently i'm BACK and my fingers are ITCHING to write.

so, here are some of my insights and stuff:
  • i got sick mid-fast. pharyngitis crept up on me day three, which meant that i had to take meds, which meant that i had to eat. now i would normally feel condemned and be in despair over this, but i knew i had to make a wise decision. (duh!!!) also realized that fasting wasn't just about not eating, but ultimately, what was in my heart. was i merely twisting God's arm just for him to answer my prayers, or was i voluntarily giving up the stuff i drooled over to know what was really really important in my life?
  • now fasting is normally a time for people to receive answers to prayers, and God proved his rocking faithfulness once again.  a friendship was restored (wooooooot!!), and slowly i'm able to have my own small group again. (yeheeeeyyyyy!!!)
  • i had to give up something that proved to be very harmful in the most important relationship that i have.  at first i didn't think that "that habit" was such a big deal, but God was gently (as always!!!) telling me that what i was--have been--neglecting the more important--in fact, the most important! so i decided to stop "that habit" right then and there. literally cutting it off from its root.  i must admit that it's tough, but i had to do it. His grace is always sufficient. 
  • normally i'm non-confrontational, but i took a risk in talking to a friend whom i've had some concerns about. my friend, bless her heart, was graceful in receiving the things i told her.  PERFECT LOVE drives out fear! wooot!!!

so, there!  i'm just glad and awed and amazed and (insert adjectives to "happy" here) about the past seven days. 

how were the last seven days of your life?

2 comments:

Patricia Malay said...

wheeee. happy for you, girl. *mwahugs* and woot woot!

as for me? i'm speechless. heeh. in a good way. (-;

Girli Pangilinan said...

happy for you, proud of you! My fasting week started earlier, unintentionally, so as a friend put it, I got my answers earlier, too.^_^ Awesome God!