Thursday, December 25, 2008

my holiday reading list


from top to bottom:
  • The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey - something i've always wanted to read but just had the time to! Hopefully I finish reading this before the year ends so I can read the John Ortberg book (see below)
  • For Such A Time As This by Lisa Ryan - a Christmas gift of sorts  from June! (yaaaay!!) I've just finished reading this. It's all about being a modern-day Esther--how she made an impact in her generation and how we can be one in ours! Very funny and insightful. Highly recommended.
  • If You Want to Walk on Water,  You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg - was out shopping with Ro one day and she recommended that I buy it. Target start date: January 2009. I wanna start my year right!
  • Quest for Love by Elisabeth Elliot - chanced upon this in OMF while looking for a gift. Wasn't sure on buying it at first. Reading three chapters of it in the bookstore gave the answer to my question
  • Finding God in Unexpected Places by Philip Yancey - yes, he is one of my favorite authors! My BFF gave it to me for Christmas. Thanks Bei!!!  It's one of my "prayered answers!" An AWESOME read--I don't normally read at a fast pace, but after three days of reading it I'm halfway thru it. That's a feat!
  • A NLT Bible - another one of my prayered answers. It originally had a plain dark blue cover but I decided to pimp it up. It was originally priced at an (already) affordable rate, but since it was sale season at the bookstore I got it from, I got it for an even lower amount!  How awesome is that?!
So there, my very happy holiday reading list! What's on yours?

2 comments:

Ro Manalo said...

This is the first book by Elisabeth Elliott that I've ever read. Years ago pa. I love it! :-) I also recommend that you read Passion and Purity, also by Elliott. :-)

princess karess ♥ said...

yay! thanks for the recommendations ro! =)