Tuesday, June 19, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things

yours may be raindrops, rosies, or whiskers on kittens. but here's a list of things that make me happy, in no particular order:

1. watching sunsets. i make it a point to go to work extra early (like mga 530pm) to watch the sun set from the 28th floor of my building. words cannot explain. pramis.

2. listening to the ipod, especially if i'm walking. it feels like i'm starring in my own movie and i'm listening to my own soundtrack.

3. watching sunsets while listening to classical music. best song to listen to? kanon in D. you can find it here.

4. our laptop, mommy's christmas gift to teena and me. it's more than i can ever ask for.  actually, natapunan ko nga siya ng pineapple juice last tuesday night... pero MIRACULOUSLY! NAAYOS SIYA!!!!! like BACK TO NORMAL that weekend! ANG GALING NI GOD!!! ahahahaha pinagpray ko talaga siya, AS IN! THANK YOU LORD! :) i will be MORE MORE MORE CAREFUL this time!

5. fireworks. i have always loved fireworks! maybe cos new year's is one of my favorite holidays and it coincidentally is my mom's birthday. anyway, i remember nung birthday ko (by the way i never got to wrote the long birthday post na... hahaha), and i was about to sleep. so sinasara ko yung mga bintana just in case umulan. i parted my curtain and saw FIREWORKS out my window, at eleven pm of june 6 2007.

and this really really good feeling literally welled up in my heart right then and there. and i knew there was this really goofy end-to-end ear-to-ear smile on my face. and suddenly my eyes got wet. and i was so THANKFUL that day. like God knew that it was the BEST way to end my birthday.

6. writing materials, especially notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils. there is nothing like pouring your thoughts out using pencil and paper.

7. hanging out in bookstores. i can stay in powerbooks/bestsellers/fully booked/a different bookstore/wherever na may seat for HOURS. bestsellers is my favorite pa rin.

8. waking up after ten or so hours of sleep. because i have a wonderfully wacky schedule, i value sleep. i really do.

9. DVD's of tv series. teena just bought heroes, csi: new york, and the third season of HOUSE! yaaaay! finally i have something to watch on lazy afternoons!

hmmm...eto na lang muna. i'll be adding more as soon as more ideas pop up

3 comments:

Kristine Facto said...

simple pleasures talaga, kook. astig no?

Eric's Fans said...

your laptop? as in the really old one that made basag? or is this new?

princess karess ♥ said...

it's a different one. and it didn't make basag! it made sunog!